The UK Post Office, known as Royal Mail, was created in 1660. Imagine. That’s 115 years before the US Post Office was founded. Or 116 years before the US itself got started. But we digress.
What’s really amazing about the Royal Mail are their jackets. Yes, of course they’re well tailored. That goes without saying. But they also have a clandestine bit of flash built into the shoulder gussets. A touch of bright pillar box red pops out when a postman stretches his arm. This gives the jacket discreet visibility. Which should be a contradiction in terms.
It’s a styling cue that we just had to borrow. Then we made it better by making the gussets reflective. And while we kept the original jacket’s classic waist cinch buckles we added 500 denier abrasion resistant fabric, waterproof construction and armor.
All of which should help out a lot if you ever take a spill. Or a dog decides you really are a postal worker. Or both.
- Removable CE Rated Knox Armor in shoulders, elbows & back
- Abrasion Resistant 600 Denier nylon shell
- Reflective 3M Scotchlite™ for the best nighttime visibility
- Superior venting for warm days
- YKK® high-grade zippers throughout
- Zip out fleece vest liner